DECA Competes at State
Congratulations to all of the Plattsmouth DECA state participants for competing at State on March 16th and 17th.
Special Congratulations to National Qualifiers, Justin Krug and Grant Kathol for their 3rd place finish in Sports and Entertainment Operations Research Event! Congratulations to the following Plattsmouth DECA students for their outstanding finishes:
Justin Krug and Grant Kathol: 5th Place Overall for Sports & Entertainment Team Decision Making Event
2nd Place in Role Play #2 in Sports and Entertainment Team Decision Making Event
Evelyn Bradshaw: 8th Place Overall for Food Marketing Event
Josie Ritzman & Sydnee Bell: 4th Place in their written project; Advertising Campaign Event
2nd Place in their 100-question Exam for Advertising Campaign Event
Lexi Penke: 1st Place in Role Play #1 for Sports and Entertainment Marketing Individual Series Event
Way to represent Blue Devils!
Activities March 20 - 27
Varsity Baseball @ Mt. Michael
JV Girls Soccer vs. Bennington
1/2 JV Boys Soccer @ Bennington
Varsity Boys Soccer @ Bennington
JV Baseball @ Mt. Michael
Varsity Girls Soccer vs. Bennington
Varsity Boys Golf @ Gretna Invitational (Tiberon)
Varsity Baseball vs. Blair
1/2 JV Boys Soccer vs. Roncalli
Varsity Boys Soccer vs. Roncalli
JV Baseball vs. Blair
JV Track & Field @ Platteview Invitational
Varsity Track & Field @ Bellevue East Invitational
Varsity Baseball @ Auburn
JV Girls Soccer vs. Gretna
1/2 JV Boys Soccer @ Gretna
Varsity Boys Soccer @ Gretna
JV Baseball @ Auburn
Varsity Girls Soccer vs. Gretna
Varsity Girls Soccer @ Seward Invitational
Varsity Boys Soccer @ Seward Invitational
Reserve Baseball Double Header @ Omaha Bryan
PHS Wall to Wall FAQ's
Wall to Wall FAQ's
1. Will the grading system remain the same?Yes the grading system will be the same.
2. How will the block schedule work? We will be doing an A/B block and an eight period day. For example if we have a full week we will have 4 days of block and one day of 8 period day. If we have a four day week we will have 4 block day. If it is a three day week we will have 2 block and 1 eight period day. Trying to keep the week balanced out so we always start a week with the same schedule.
3. If my student changes after a year what changes besides advisory group/teachers? Nothing really.
4. Will information be sent home? I have read all the links/documents. I will keep posting things online and as we get closer to the start of the school year I am planning on putting together an information flyer an will put an FAQ section on the website.
5. Will the advisory group work like now? Who will a parent contact be? The advisory will be very similar to what we have now. The major difference will be that each advisory will have a business mentor come meet with them once a month.
Use the following link to read more about the program.http://documents--links.phs.pcsd.schoolfusion.us/modules/locker/files/group_files.phtml?parent=29611577&gid=2273348&sessionid=948d99b626063bf4641224848e0aaab3
HAVE A GREAT SPRING BREAK!
Monday, March 20, 2017, is the first day of spring and the first day of spring break! Enjoy some time to relax and prepare for a great finish to the 2016-2017 school year.
BREAKING NEWS! PCS is the first school district in Nebraska with OPAA! to offer menus via Nutrislice! Menus are available at the link below. Hover over any food item and get a picture with detailed nutritional information. This is a great tool for monitoring personal health and wellness. It is an excellent resource for students, parents, and faculty/staff.
Menus are available for all buildings, starting Feb. 1, 2017.
Click here ----> NEW BREAKFAST AND LUNCH MENUS LINK
"Thumbs up to the new food choices and variety. My daughter is very happy about having lemonade, ice tea, and water as choices, since it's hard for the kids to get hydrated with the busy days." Jody Graskowiak-Parent