Activities Nov. 20-27
Football Awards/Commons & Auditorium
7th Boys Basketball vs. Bennington
8th Boys Basketball @ Bennington
Volleyball Awards/Commons & Auditorium
Jamboree Basketball @ Bellevue East (exibition games)
Varsity Girls @
Varsity Boys @
No School/Professional Development
Winter Sports Photos
Youth Basketball Practice/Both Gyms
PHS Wall to Wall FAQ's
Wall to Wall FAQ's
1. Will the grading system remain the same?Yes the grading system will be the same.
2. How will the block schedule work? We will be doing an A/B block and an eight period day. For example if we have a full week we will have 4 days of block and one day of 8 period day. If we have a four day week we will have 4 block day. If it is a three day week we will have 2 block and 1 eight period day. Trying to keep the week balanced out so we always start a week with the same schedule.
3. If my student changes after a year what changes besides advisory group/teachers? Nothing really.
4. Will information be sent home? I have read all the links/documents. I will keep posting things online and as we get closer to the start of the school year I am planning on putting together an information flyer an will put an FAQ section on the website.
5. Will the advisory group work like now? Who will a parent contact be? The advisory will be very similar to what we have now. The major difference will be that each advisory will have a business mentor come meet with them once a month.
Use the following link to read more about the program.http://documents--links.phs.pcsd.schoolfusion.us/modules/locker/files/group_files.phtml?parent=29611577&gid=2273348&sessionid=948d99b626063bf4641224848e0aaab3
Tips for Seniors
John Baylor has three important recommendations for your seniors to do right now in order to become a two- or four-year college graduate with minimal debt.
JBP's three tips for seniors
THANK YOU TO OUR BOARD MEMBERS!
Several Plattsmouth Board of Education members were recognized by the Nebraska Association of School Boards for reaching new milestones relative to their service. Cory Wehrbein was recognized for Level II. Mike Brodersen, Nancy Lowery, Tony Foster, and Don Freeburg were recognized for Level III. Matt Glup and Ken Winters were recognized for Level V. Mary Caverzagie was recognized for Level VI. Karen Tesarek-Parsons is currently at Level III.
Please congratulate our Board for their dedication to our students, staff, and community!
What is going well with the PCSD?
1. Powerful practices from our 2016 AdvancED district accreditation external report.
a. System-wide professional learning communities for continuous improvement.
b. Innovative strategic resource management.
c. Exceptional career education programs and services at all levels.
2. PCS was named the #1 district in Nebraska for teacher support.
3. The total tax levy has decreased for each of the last 11 years.
4. Our ACT composite score is above the national average.
5. Every high school student participates in wall-to-wall career academies.
6. We have over 40 extracurricular activities available for students.
7. Several dual credit courses are available, with 55 possible college credits for students.
Working in partnership to ensure academic achievement, responsible behavior, and civic engagement.
Menus are available. Click on the links below.
Elementary Menu (K-2 served at the e.s.)
Middle School Menu (3-8 served at the m.s.)
High School Menu (9-12 served at the h.s.)
"Thumbs up to the new food choices and variety. My daughter is very happy about having lemonade, ice tea, and water as choices, since it's hard for the kids to get hydrated with the busy days." Jody Graskowiak-Parent
2014-2015 Annual Report and State of the Schools Report
The 2014-2015 Annual Report for the Plattsmouth Community Schools (PCS) is available by clicking here. If you have questions, comments, or suggestions, click on the Let's Talk tab that is located on the right side of this page. For more information about PCS or other districts in Nebraska, click here for the 2014-2015 State of the Schools Report.
- Regular Board Meeting
7:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- No School-Winter Break
- No School-Winter Break